This app is a great starting point for your $300k revenue niche. Yes, that's right, a popular app like Findo generates $300k/month according to this report. Friend tracking apps can provide a sense of safety and security, especially for parents, families, and individuals concerned about the well-being of their loved ones. This type of app is here to stay.
*** WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU ***
You will get the source code of the app that you see in the video demo. Nothing more or less than what the video demo shows. Feel free to ask questions before buying. The app is built using SwiftUI. The app does not track the user's location when the app is not launched. You must have the app launched and in the foreground, or background mode in order for the location changes to be sent to the Firebase backend. While the app supports real-time updates via Firebase, we have the option for you to turn these updates off via AppConfig.
Keep in mind that continuously tracking the location, and keeping the app in the background at all times while moving/driving, will drain the battery much faster.
The app offers an account deletion feature as well, which will take care of deleting the account and data from Firebase. We also show a basic alert after the account is deleted, so the user can go to their Settings app and delete the Sign in with Apple token (Password & Security -> Sign in with Apple).
*** WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED ***
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 14+ installed. This app requires iOS 15+. All app templates on this website are for iPhones, with no iPad support. An AdMob account is necessary if you want to show ads in the app. You will need a Google Firebase account as well, and some basic skills to set up the Firebase account. We will provide some PDF documentation and screenshots on how to enable Sign in with Apple in your Firebase account and during the app bundle identifier creation process.
*** HOW DOES IT WORK ***
- The app has 3 main tabs: Home (People), Places, and Settings. Each tab supports the default view, expanded view, and collapsed view. Similar to the Apple Maps UI.
- On the People (Home) tab, the user will see their location and all their friends. The plus "+" button allows users to Share their invitation code, or Accept an invitation code from their friends. This code is unique for each user. By default, the user can add 1 friend only and unlock unlimited friends via in-app purchases.
- In the list of People, you will notice that addresses are displayed. We utilize Apple's native CoreLocation framework to convert latitude/longitude coordinates into readable street addresses. However, it's important to note that this process relies on a free API with certain limitations and throttling. Please keep in mind these limitations, as there may be instances where certain coordinates cannot be successfully converted into street addresses.
- After a user accepts an invitation code, their name and address will be displayed in their friend's People tab, and their friend's name and address will appear in their own People tab. The user has the option to delete a friend from the list, however, their friend will be able to still see them on the map.
- The Places tab includes two default locations: Home and Work. Its purpose is to enable users to create customized places that help them identify their own and their friends' locations easily. For instance, if you have friends working at various job sites, you can add those places to the app and assign them recognizable names. When a friend's location address matches a place address, the corresponding place name will be displayed beneath their name. This feature enhances location recognition and facilitates seamless tracking of friends in various settings.
- The information for all places (name, address, and geolocation) is stored in UserDefaults. This implies that if the user deletes the app, they will need to re-add these places. However, if you have programming experience, you can implement additional code to save them to Firebase, which would allow the places to persist even if the app is deleted and reinstalled.
- To use the app, users must sign in with Apple. If a user decides to delete the app, they will need to delete their token from the iOS Settings app before they can create a new account.
- In-App Purchases are handled via a private framework. This framework doesn't support subscriptions. You can use this framework for any other games/apps you want to add in-app purchases. You will not get the source code for the in-app purchase framework. If you want auto-renewable subscriptions, please contact us or search for 'PurchaseKit by Apps4World' on the website in order to get the full version of the PurchaseKit product.
*** OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU ***
There are many ways to improve this app even further. For instance, tapping on a friend from the list and getting driving directions could be a great way to meet with friends. Another idea is to have custom avatars for each friend, or the option to choose a custom status icon: working, sleeping, at the gym, etc. This way the app feels more interactive and gives your friends a real sense of your current status. Push notifications could be a great way to instantly notify your friends when you leave/arrive at a given destination. The possibilities are endless: chat feature between friends, emergency/sos feature to send your location to family members, etc.
If you need any assistance or customization work, don't hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we wish you good luck with this product, and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.
Order Worry Free.
We stand behind our products with confidence!
Unlimited FREE support included.