Online grocery sales grew 54.0% in 2020 to reach $95.82 billion. By 2022, is expected that more than half (51.3%) of the US population will be digital grocery buyers. This is a great niche, where you can have some 6 figures deals with grocery stores and brands, if your app gets lots of traffic, then you can host different deals/coupons in your grocery-related app. Forget about ads, or in-app purchases, if your app gets a great contract with one of the big brands, then such an app can become generational wealth for you. Just look at this app making $20,000 a month which has so many features, or this simple app making $5,000 a month. You can do this!
*** WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU ***
You will get the source code of the app that you see on the video demo. Nothing more or less than what the video demo shows. Feel free to ask questions before buying. The app is built using SwiftUI and supports iOS 14+. The app uses a local JSON file where all the grocery/shopping items are defined, then this data as well as other items related changes are saved into Core Data.
*** WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED ***
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 12 installed. This app requires iOS 14+. All app templates on this website are for iPhones, with no iPad support. AdMob account is required if you want to show ads in the app. Make sure your Mac has the CocoaPods already installed since this is a minimum requirement to install the AdMob framework.
*** HOW DOES IT WORK ***
- The app offers users a list of 100 grocery items. Each item has a category, identifier, and image. The images are stored in the app. There is no backend needed for this app.
- By default, there are 2 categories that are free, however, in the AppConfig file you can specify which categories to make free, and the rest of them will be unlocked for a regular in-app purchase as shown in the video demo.
- The user can set/update the price for a given grocery item, and this price will be saved in the Core Data. By default, there are no prices associated with the grocery items.
- Once the user selects a grocery item, this will be added to the list. On the list tab, the user can mark grocery items as completed, and these items will fade out or can become completely hidden if the user toggles this option in the Settings tab. At the bottom of the list, the user can see the total number of items on the list, the number of completed items, and an estimated total for all grocery items if the user did set a price for selected grocery items.
- The app has in-app purchases to allow users to unlock all grocery categories and remove the ads. In-App Purchases are handled via a private framework. This framework doesn't support subscriptions. You can use this framework for any other games/apps that you want to add in-app purchases. You will not get the source code for the in-app purchase framework. If you want auto-renewable subscriptions, please contact us or search for 'PurchaseKit by Apps4World' in order to get the full version of the PurchaseKit product.
*** OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU ***
A great addition to this app will be a new tab, where users can see recipes or another feature can be to suggest users what to cook based on the selected ingredients. You can also add our Cookbook app template to this app with some additional coding. If you can do some research, you will find different databases and solutions, where you can look up barcode data, so another feature would be to scan a barcode in order to add the item to the list. For those users that are in a rush, or are multitasking, you can add voice recognition, so they can simply say "milk" or "eggs", where the app can automatically add those items to the list. There are plenty of ways to improve this app.
If you need any assistance or custom work, don't hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com
As always, we wish you good luck with this product, and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.
Order Worry Free.
We stand behind our products with confidence!
Unlimited FREE support included.