Inspired by apps like 'Locket', we are bringing you this widget app that allows you to Add Friends without a phone number, just by typing their email address. Many apps get deleted as soon as the user is asked to provide their phone number due to the high increase in spam calls. Locket app generated 2 million downloads in June 2022, and it still maintains its position in the Top Charts. We have a few new ideas to make this app even better, keep reading to see what's possible with this app.
*** WHAT DOES THIS PRODUCT OFFER YOU ***
You will get the source code of the app that you see in the video demo. Nothing more or less than what the video demo shows. Feel free to ask questions before buying. The app is built using SwiftUI and supports iOS 14+. The app uses Sign In with Apple in order to create an account, and the app uses Firebase to share widget data between users. In-App Purchases are provided via our PurchaseKit framework and support Consumable and Non-Consumable products. For Auto-Renewable subscriptions, please check our full PurchaseKit product.
*** WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED ***
You will need a Mac computer with Xcode 13 installed. This app requires iOS 14+. All app templates on this website are for iPhones, with no iPad support. AdMob account is required if you want to show ads in the app. You don't need Cocoa Pods anymore for AdMob Ads. We are using Apple's Swift Package Manager to fetch the latest AdMob Ads package. You must have a Google Firebase account created, but don't worry, we have a tutorial just for that, to learn how to set up your Firebase project.
*** HOW DOES IT WORK ***
- When compared to other similar apps, Widget Mate will let you right into the app without creating an account, which gives users a chance to explore the app.
- To Add Friends or Send a widget photo, you must Sign In with Apple. It's so simple, just one tap and you're Signed In. Once you're signed in, you can start using the app
- You can Add a Photo from the library, or Take a Photo with your camera. You must select a friend before sending the widget photo. By default, you can add only 1 friend and the unlimited friends' option can be unlocked via in-app purchases.
- Adding a Friend is very simple. Just type your friend's email address that they've used to sign in, then tap Add Friend button. If there is a match for their email, their name will appear in the friends' list right away. You can also delete friends if you want to.
- Once a friend is selected, and the widget is sent. Your friend's Home Screen widget will update ONLY when the iOS decides to update the widgets, which is usually within a 5 minutes interval unless specified otherwise by the widget. You can force-refresh the widget by launching the Widget Mate app, then going back to the Home Screen.
- You get only 1 widget for all your friends. The widget will show you photos from all your friends, and after the widget shows a given photo, it will not show that photo again, but it still remains in the Firebase.
- You can see that by default the app allows you to add only 1 friend. You can change how many friends to offer for free in the AppConfig file. The unlimited friends' option is available only via in-app purchases. In-App Purchases are handled via a private framework. This framework doesn't support subscriptions. You can use this framework for any other games/apps that you want to add in-app purchases. You will not get the source code for the in-app purchase framework. If you want auto-renewable subscriptions, please contact us or search for 'PurchaseKit by Apps4World' in order to get the full version of the PurchaseKit product.
*** OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU ***
- There are so many ideas for this app that you can implement. Let's start with Photo Filters. You can have a custom feature developed for you, where the user gets to apply custom filters to their photos before sending those to their friends' widgets.
- Stickers are a big thing these days. Adding the option to simply send stickers alone, or add stickers to photos, is a unique and nice feature to have. Not many apps are using stickers for this type of widget, so this feature could be a great addition.
- Drawing is something that you probably saw in other apps, even here on the Apps4World website, we have apps that offer drawing features. Just imagine how useful a drawing tool will be for the Widget Mate app. Let people draw on a clean canvas, or draw on top of their Photos. Kids could share drawings with their parents using the Widget Mate.
- The text & Quiz feature is something very unique. You could simply transform this widget into a fun game. People could send some intriguing questions to their friends' widget, then their friends could respond with a simple YES or NO answer, or Emojis, or even full-text response. This feature could make this app go viral because the apps focused on social interaction and Q&A like 'sendit' are in high demand right now.
If you need any assistance or customization work, don't hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com
As always, we wish you good luck with this product and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you could be the first one to know when a new app template is released.
Order Worry Free.
We stand behind our products with confidence!
Unlimited FREE support included.